Wednesday, May 5, 2010

128 & 129) Marx Dancing with History meets Marquez Dancing with Time

I’m listening to the flesh radio, and it says: After they burn
the villages, they burn the books. It asks: Is anyone
listening?

I’m listening to the mouth radio, and it says: We need
Khlebnikov’s “star language.” It says: When we open
our mouths, the night sky falls out.

I’m listening to the fire radio, and it says: Marx is watching
a light burn in Macondo. It says: Conquerers
are drinking the galaxies. It asks: Who can remember
the victims?

I’m listening to the moon radio, and it says: La lah. La lah.

I’m listening to the word radio, and it says: People are
forgetting the meaning of words. Each word says,
“Walk through me.”

I’m listening to the gland radio, and it says: We live in a land
of violet crimes. It says: A word is stirring on the edge
of the universe. It says: After they burn the sky,
they burn the windows.

I’m listening to the dream radio, and it says: This just in...

I’m listening to the weather radio, and it says: Tomorrow
everything will be brown. It says: The next day
everything will be intellectual. It says: The day after
everything will suffer in blue.

I’m listening to the Nagasaki radio, and it says: Forget
everything you ever knew.

I’m listening to the world radio, and it says: Subvert
the apparatus of cognitive control. Subvert the
apparatus of cognitive control. Subvert the apparatus
of cognitive control.

I’m listening to the chromosome radio, and it says: The radio
is thinking through you. It says: The radio is
thinking for you.

I’m listening to the light radio, and it says: The light
meanders slowly through the brain of a cat. It says:
Every morning light remembers and then gradually
forgets.

I’m listening to the womb radio, and it says: The mother
grows around the child.

I’m listening to the meat radio, and it says: Red is
throbbing outside the window. It says: We need
to stop giving birth to mammals.

I’m listening to the brain radio, and it says: America.
And it says: America died in 1900 something. It says:
After they burn the people, they burn the dreams.

I’m listening to the star radio, and it says: You cannot.
It says: You cannot burn the memories of the burning.

---Patrick Lawler

No comments:

Post a Comment